Tis the season to be jolly, fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, Who else is exited for Christmas. I know I am. Over here, that means the harmattan season is here to stay. Harmattan is that time of the year when everywhere gets really dusty and dry and chilly. The nights and morning are usually cold. This is what we love most about it. The afternoon are dry and sunny and the evening are usually cool and dusty. I’m not complaining but the harmattan, it leaves your skin dry and rough. Don’t forget white and sometimes cracks start appearing in your skin but we will survive.
Here are simple everyday ways to get by during the harmattan
1. Body oil – a must: Applying body oil to your skin this season is a must to combat against the dryness of the hamattan. Baby oil, shea butter, Vaseline is a yes this period.
2. Lip Gloss; a necessity: Never make the mistake of leaving, your lip gloss/ lip balm / chap stick home. It should always be in your purse. To keep your lips moisturise, if not it will end up dry and cracked and start looking like one of a fever patient. Don’t let fifty shades deceive you, licking your lips every five second is not sexy.
3. Socks? Yes, Yes: Socks are a must this season to prevent your feet from being all white and dry when you go out.
4. Water: Like I always say you don’t have to be thirsty before drinking water. By that time you’re already dehydrated. Make sure to always take a can of water every where you this dry season. That’s what I do.
5. Sweatshirts: This period, the morning is undeniably cold but if you are a lazybum like me, you can just cuddle in bed all morning but if you have places to go, then sweatshirts / jackets are a yes to keep yourself warm. Make sure its something you can conveniently pull, if the weather becomes hot later.
6. Skip the white powders this period, you don’t need it.
7. Open Fires? NO!: Unfortunately this period I have had to watch two cars on different occasions get burnt to ash. What starts as a little fire ignites really quickly because of how dry and. windy the season is. I’m thankful no life was loss but other stories I’ve been hearing hasn’t been so good.
People also have the habit of burning dirts outside at night which is totally unadvisable. So lets stay safe this season.
* * *
Am I forgetting something else? Lemme know.
What’s your favourite thing about Christmas 🎅? About the holiday? Don’t overthink it. Please tell me in the comments. Pretty please with cherry on top. I don’t know what’s wrong with my WordPress app, I’ve been trying to upload a picture all day but nothing is working. What to do?
* * *
You can now follow the blog on instagram