We all have one of those days that it seems nothing we do turns out right. Even when we try it’s like the universe is screwing with us.
That particular day when you’re hungry and you decided to cook, only for you to get distracted for a bit and end up burning the food. You try cooking again but discovered you are out of groceries and cash. So you decided to go to the nearest ATM but so it happened that everyone chose that day to withdraw, as you meet a long queue and have no option but to wait in line on an empty stomach.
That day when you walk to class and something happens to make your dress to get torn in not the most convenient of places, only for the lecturer not to show up at the end.
Or the day you decide to wear a white dress out but got stained because your period decided to visit early.
Then you feel really down and it likes it can’t get better and nothing can cheer you up. Well here are some tips that could really help lift your spirits on those days…
1. Read a Book: Some of you are probably thinking “That would be the last thing on my mind”. I still stand on my point. Books have a way of pulling you into elsewhere but on a bad day, I’ll say opt for a light read or a comedy or your favorite book. Personally I can’t read anything with a serious theme on those kind of days, so I go with something light, mostly a Sophie Kinsella book. It helps cheer me up.
2. Watch a Movie: Watching a movie is a really good distraction from the stress of a bad day.
3. Talk to Someone: No matter what you the do, nothing seem to work out right today . Sometimes talking to a friend about how shitty your day has been is one remedy to help lifts your spirit up. There’s nothing like letting all the stress out.
4. It’s okay to cry: Sometimes when my day just keep stressing me out and I really don’t know what to do. I just go to a corner and cry. Now now, you might think that’s insane. But it’s okay to breakdown, you can’t always be on top of the situation on all times. As long as you know that when you do stand up, you are 100% on your feet.
5. Give yourself a treat: You’ve been having a horrning, give yourself a treat – you deserve. It probably wasn’t on your budget. Have fun. Make yourself feel better.
6. Turn on your playlist: If you’ve done your research, you would know music is like a balm to the soul, it soothens the mind and an amazing form of therapy. Okay a lot of us know this. So what the heck. What better way to lift your spirit on one of those days, than playing your favorite songs.
7. Pray: This is the last on my list but by no means the least. A friend of mine one told me that when she’s having a bad day, she prays. She talks to God in prayers and asks Him to have mercy on her if there’s anyway she had sinned that is making her day not go right and that He should take control. Her statement really got to me. The thing is, as human beings, we feel so busy that we leave God out in the lurch of things. When we sleep we have no idea what happens to us. We are clueless like unconscious. There are perfectly healthy persons who had passed away in their sleeps. But God in His mercy woke us up this morning, and we bother to utter one word of gratitude but think it’s perfect to blame Him when things start going wrong. It’s not good enough.
Do you find any of this tips helpful to you? Any you want to add? I love to know what you think about everything and anything.
Bad Days shouldn’t stay bad.
If you are new to this blog and like what, stay up to date. Don’t forget to follow and share.